Saturday, January 25, 2014

Just Write It....... time to get started:

After lots of "thinking about it" and trying to create the perfect first post, and perfect blog site, I've taken the advice of a blogger I've followed for a while and decided to "just write it".

So here it goes.....

I thought about why I wanted to write a blog, and came up with any number of reasons.  None of them were cohesive thoughts or strategies, just things I thought were interesting along my journey into fitness, running, and endurance sports.  I started off cycling, then went to triathlon, and now running.

In the long run I kept coming back to one thing.  I am happier and healthier today because I "just did it".  I got off my rear and started getting back into shape. The experience has changed my life, and continues to be a driving force for me.  So when I think about what I would really like to accomplish with a blog is the ability to inspire even one other person to get started.  To take the initial steps that lead to a path of health and happiness.  If I can help even one person get motivated and start exercising, or one person to keep going after getting frustrated, then in my mind I will have met the goal of creating this blog.

So without getting to philosophical at this point, I will end with a link to the post that inspired me on www.mile-posts.com.

http://www.mile-posts.com/2009/03/firsts.html

I've enjoyed reading her posts, and have used them as motivation to keep me going at times.  Hopefully someday I can return the favor to someone new.

So there! 
It's done.
My first post.

No comments:

Post a Comment